- Information about NSS is given in prospectus and on college website.
- Immediately after reopening of the college the NSS departments display notice regarding enrollment of the students.
- The NSS program officers inform students in the classrooms about importance of NNS and they motivate students for participation.
- NSS students get additional marks/credit/performance for admission to several courses.
- The interview of each student is conducted by these departments as per demands.
- The college has constituted NSS committees in which teachers are included as a member.
- The NSS units organize various social activities in which faculty members are actively involved.
NSS Organized Outreached Programs:
- The blood donation camps, rallies, campaigns, plantation, Nirmal Gram Scheme, etc. programs have organized by NSS.
- The commerce department has organized local Bank visits as a part of curricula. It includes use of ATM facility, Audit, account and other bank activities.
- Economics department organized visit to Chitale Milk a local Dairy and provided information to the students about economic activities.
- The department of zoology organized study tours at different places like Goa, Malwan, Dapoli, etc. and informed students the biodiversity, habitat, etc. of the animals.
- The department of Marathi has organized the meet with well known authors in local area.
- The geographical survey has done by the department of geography.
- For industrial information, the Chemistry dept. has organized industrial visit to nearby sugar factory, winery.
- Most of college staff members have contributed in Flood relief fund, Gujarat earthquake relief fund, blind people, wrestling and different fairs / festivals at native and surrounding villages and also helped to poor students to offer their college fees and bus pass.
- Dr. S.R. Parlekar was participated in state level “Sramasanskar Abhiyan” organized by NSS Shivaji University, Kolhapur in association with Zilla Prishad, Kolhapur at Tashil – Shirol. He has delivered no. of lectures on Dnyaneshar, Bhagvatgita as a part of Pravachana.
NSS Activities of 2012-2013
- Organized volunteers work at various places in Palus and Ghogaon Village viz. Grampanchayat Hutatma Smarak, Bus Stand, Samaj Mandir Gramin rural Hospital MIDC and Smashan Bhoomi etc. Total 140 hr Work Throughout the year.
- Celebrated International Literacy Mission Day, Population Day, Environmental awerence day, NSS day, Sadbhavana day, Independence day, Republic day, National Science Day, Swachhata Janiv Jagruti Abhiyan, Road Safety week, Voter awareness camp, etc.
- Tree Plantation, Eradication of Superstitions mahila and BAL vikas Arogya, save baby child Abhiyan and other related activities.
- Organized seven days NSS Special camp at Ghogaon during 28 dec 2013 to 3 Jan 2014.
NSS Activities of 2014-2015
- Shivaji University, Kolhapur organized Labor Value Camp, under NSS Department on 17/07/2014 for this camp from our collage 70 students were participated.
- Vanasavrvadhana (Forestation) Kranti Din, Indepence Day Liberly week, Liberly rally, Poster Presentation,Slogum competition, vasundhara film festival 24 september, Votting Awareness Rally Road show.
- On the School girl rape has been taken place to protest that incident N.S.S organized rally.
- The Camp which was held in Amravati from our collage, one student was selected for national camp.
- On the day of Dasara we celebrate it by distributing trees and cleanness campaign
- On 9/10/2014 Organized Blood donation camp on this occasion 50 blood donor donate their blood
- On the Birth Anniversary of saradar Valalbhai Patel students were taken promises for the unity and security.